You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
which i just broke but i guess this is an exception.
|2 years ago|
|common||2 years ago|
|desktop||2 years ago|
|hosts||2 years ago|
|modules||2 years ago|
|nix||2 years ago|
|pkgs||2 years ago|
|.gitignore||3 years ago|
|.gitlab-ci.yml||2 years ago|
|README.md||2 years ago|
|default.nix||2 years ago|
welcome to hacc nixfiles (haccfiles). this is the code describing our nix-based infrastructure.
default.nix: Entrypoint to the config
common/: configuration common to all hosts
desktop/: desktop-relevant communication
modules/: home-grown modules for hacc-specific services
nix/: sources files, managed with niv
pkgs/: packages we built and don't want to upstream
working with the haccfiles
nix build -f . deploy.$hostname && ./result switch
$hostname can be replaced with any hostname or group
committing to haccfiles
- Golden Rule: DO NOT COMMIT TO MAIN
- exceptions apply, if you are not sure where to commit, don't commit to main
- split up commits, every commit is one atomic change
- e.g. no big "did some changes" but instead "updated service x", "updated service y", "update service z"
- follow the commit format: "$prefix$place: $change"
- prefix: one of fixup, nothing
- place: one of "modules/$module", "$hostname/service", "common/($place)", "pkgs/$pkgs" or "sources"
- change: describe your change, don't go over the character limit where git starts hiding/wrapping
- Exception: autogenerated messages (merge commits, reverts, etc)